This was pretty good but it was GREAT the next day after the chicken soaked in the juice all night! And super fast to make! I used garlic and dried onion instead of shallots because it was what I had on hand. I liked the extra garlic flavor. I will make this again (and again!)
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
Orange marmalade and freshly grated orange zest make a deliciously tangy sauce for quick-cooking chicken tenders. Serve with brown rice.
30 Reviews for Marmalade Chicken
I made this for dinner tonight and loved it!
I did however change the recipe just a bit.
Instead of orange marmalade I used apricot preserves and the juice of an orange. (all the jars of orange marmalade at my local grocer had high fructose corn syrup in them... yuck!) I also added oregano, a teaspoon of honey, and a touch of raw sugar to the mixture. Right before I added the chicken to the thickened sauce I added three minced garlic cloves. I let the chicken cook in the sauce for about five extra minutes.
My picky eater boyfriend and I loved it!
Renee, Fayetteville, AR
Love.. love... love... I'm always pressed for time after I get off work and running errands after but wanting a good meal rather than something generic like frozen pizza.. real tasty and cheap!
A good recipe to start with, but needs some heat -- I am going to add a few drops of chili oil next time.
This one's a keeper. I generally don't like red wine vinegar, so I substituted the slightly sweeter balsamic. Otherwise made as written (we generally have shallots and a good, French dijon in the house). Sweet, tangy, complex - and it smelled beautiful when I sprinkled on the freshly grated orange zest.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)