Marjoram-Rubbed Pork & Grilled Potato Salad
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Summery and full of fresh herb flavors, this dish is as colorful as it is tasty. If you have fresh summer squash or eggplant, grill it as well and toss it into the salad. Serve with a green salad and cold lemonade.
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram, or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 green olives, pitted and chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, oil, marjoram (or oregano), salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Rub 1 teaspoon of the mixture into both sides of pork. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in vinegar until combined. Add potatoes, bell pepper and onion to the medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Reduce heat to medium and grill the potatoes, turning often, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Thread the onion and pepper chunks onto two 10-inch skewers. Grill, turning often, until charred in spots and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Grill the pork, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the bowl with the reserved dressing along with feta and olives; toss to coat. Serve the pork with the salad.
Tips & Notes
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 480 calories; 26 g fat (7 g sat, 16 g mono); 77 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 584 mg sodium; 1127 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Selenium (59% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- High potassium
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Cooking for 2
- EatingWell Serves Two