Marjoram-Rubbed Pork & Grilled Potato Salad
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Summery and full of fresh herb flavors, this dish is as colorful as it is tasty. If you have fresh summer squash or eggplant, grill it as well and toss it into the salad. Serve with a green salad and cold lemonade.
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram, or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 green olives, pitted and chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, oil, marjoram (or oregano), salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Rub 1 teaspoon of the mixture into both sides of pork. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in vinegar until combined. Add potatoes, bell pepper and onion to the medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Reduce heat to medium and grill the potatoes, turning often, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Thread the onion and pepper chunks onto two 10-inch skewers. Grill, turning often, until charred in spots and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Grill the pork, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the bowl with the reserved dressing along with feta and olives; toss to coat. Serve the pork with the salad.
Tips & Notes
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 480 calories; 26 g fat (7 g sat, 16 g mono); 77 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 584 mg sodium; 1127 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Selenium (59% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- High potassium
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Cooking for 2
- EatingWell Serves Two