Marjoram-Rubbed Pork & Grilled Potato Salad
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Summery and full of fresh herb flavors, this dish is as colorful as it is tasty. If you have fresh summer squash or eggplant, grill it as well and toss it into the salad. Serve with a green salad and cold lemonade.
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram, or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 green olives, pitted and chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, oil, marjoram (or oregano), salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Rub 1 teaspoon of the mixture into both sides of pork. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in vinegar until combined. Add potatoes, bell pepper and onion to the medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Reduce heat to medium and grill the potatoes, turning often, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Thread the onion and pepper chunks onto two 10-inch skewers. Grill, turning often, until charred in spots and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Grill the pork, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the bowl with the reserved dressing along with feta and olives; toss to coat. Serve the pork with the salad.
Tips & Notes
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 480 calories; 26 g fat (7 g sat, 16 g mono); 77 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 584 mg sodium; 1127 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Selenium (59% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- High potassium
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Cooking for 2
- EatingWell Serves Two