Marjoram-Rubbed Pork & Grilled Potato Salad
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Summery and full of fresh herb flavors, this dish is as colorful as it is tasty. If you have fresh summer squash or eggplant, grill it as well and toss it into the salad. Serve with a green salad and cold lemonade.
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram, or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 green olives, pitted and chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, oil, marjoram (or oregano), salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Rub 1 teaspoon of the mixture into both sides of pork. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in vinegar until combined. Add potatoes, bell pepper and onion to the medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Reduce heat to medium and grill the potatoes, turning often, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Thread the onion and pepper chunks onto two 10-inch skewers. Grill, turning often, until charred in spots and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Grill the pork, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the bowl with the reserved dressing along with feta and olives; toss to coat. Serve the pork with the salad.
Tips & Notes
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 480 calories; 26 g fat (7 g sat, 16 g mono); 77 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 584 mg sodium; 1127 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (170% daily value), Selenium (59% dv), Vitamin A (25% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
If you’re watching what you eat, you may be trying to eat...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Cooking for 2
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- High potassium
- EatingWell Serves Two