A wonderful recipe -- quick, easy and tasty. I often make these for holiday gifts or hostess gifts. I once gave them to someone who had only ever tasted canned olives -- she is now a total olive convert!
Marinated Olives with Lemon, Thyme & Rosemary
From EatingWell: March/April 1995
Marinating olives in aromatic herbs and a touch of lemon zest is an ideal way to enhance their flavor. Throughout the Mediterranean, bowls of them are routinely set out as appetizers or as a simple lunch with bread and perhaps some cheese or fruit. While a selection of olives of varying sizes, colors and cures is the most interesting, you can also simply use the one or two kinds most readily available.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)