Marinated Olives & Feta
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Olives and feta marinated with rosemary, lemon and garlic are great served on crisp flatbread-style crackers or warm slices of crusty baguette.
- 1 cup sliced pitted olives, such as Kalamata or mixed Greek
- 1/2 cup diced feta cheese, preferably reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine olives, feta, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper and black pepper in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 73 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 263 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- 8 or more
- November/December 2010