Marinated Olives & Feta
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Olives and feta marinated with rosemary, lemon and garlic are great served on crisp flatbread-style crackers or warm slices of crusty baguette.
- 1 cup sliced pitted olives, such as Kalamata or mixed Greek
- 1/2 cup diced feta cheese, preferably reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine olives, feta, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper and black pepper in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 73 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 263 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- 8 or more
- November/December 2010