Marinated Olives & Feta
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
Olives and feta marinated with rosemary, lemon and garlic are great served on crisp flatbread-style crackers or warm slices of crusty baguette.
- 1 cup sliced pitted olives, such as Kalamata or mixed Greek
- 1/2 cup diced feta cheese, preferably reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine olives, feta, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper and black pepper in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 73 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 263 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2010