Marbled Melon Soup
Swirling soups of different colors together, in this case cantaloupe and honeydew, creates a stunning presentation.
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 medium honeydew melon, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- Puree cantaloupe, lemon juice and coriander in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and pour into a bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse food processor or blender. Place honeydew in the food processor or blender with lime juice and chopped mint. Puree until smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons honey and pour into another bowl. Cover both bowls and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour or overnight.
- At serving time, spoon about 1/2 cup of each puree into each soup bowl, allowing colors to mix in the middle. To create a swirl pattern draw the tip of a knife through the surface. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Per serving: 177 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 741 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (166% daily value), Vitamin A (96% dv), Potassium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique