Marbled Melon Soup
Swirling soups of different colors together, in this case cantaloupe and honeydew, creates a stunning presentation.
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 medium honeydew melon, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- Puree cantaloupe, lemon juice and coriander in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and pour into a bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse food processor or blender. Place honeydew in the food processor or blender with lime juice and chopped mint. Puree until smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons honey and pour into another bowl. Cover both bowls and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour or overnight.
- At serving time, spoon about 1/2 cup of each puree into each soup bowl, allowing colors to mix in the middle. To create a swirl pattern draw the tip of a knife through the surface. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Per serving: 177 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 741 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (166% daily value), Vitamin A (96% dv), Potassium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique