Marbled Melon Soup
Swirling soups of different colors together, in this case cantaloupe and honeydew, creates a stunning presentation.
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 medium honeydew melon, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- Puree cantaloupe, lemon juice and coriander in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and pour into a bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse food processor or blender. Place honeydew in the food processor or blender with lime juice and chopped mint. Puree until smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons honey and pour into another bowl. Cover both bowls and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour or overnight.
- At serving time, spoon about 1/2 cup of each puree into each soup bowl, allowing colors to mix in the middle. To create a swirl pattern draw the tip of a knife through the surface. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Per serving: 177 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 741 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (166% daily value), Vitamin A (96% dv), Potassium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique