Marbled Melon Soup
Swirling soups of different colors together, in this case cantaloupe and honeydew, creates a stunning presentation.
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 medium honeydew melon, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- Puree cantaloupe, lemon juice and coriander in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and pour into a bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse food processor or blender. Place honeydew in the food processor or blender with lime juice and chopped mint. Puree until smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons honey and pour into another bowl. Cover both bowls and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour or overnight.
- At serving time, spoon about 1/2 cup of each puree into each soup bowl, allowing colors to mix in the middle. To create a swirl pattern draw the tip of a knife through the surface. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Per serving: 177 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 741 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (166% daily value), Vitamin A (96% dv), Potassium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique