Marbled Melon Soup
Swirling soups of different colors together, in this case cantaloupe and honeydew, creates a stunning presentation.
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 medium honeydew melon, halved, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- Puree cantaloupe, lemon juice and coriander in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and pour into a bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly rinse food processor or blender. Place honeydew in the food processor or blender with lime juice and chopped mint. Puree until smooth. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons honey and pour into another bowl. Cover both bowls and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour or overnight.
- At serving time, spoon about 1/2 cup of each puree into each soup bowl, allowing colors to mix in the middle. To create a swirl pattern draw the tip of a knife through the surface. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Per serving: 177 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 741 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (166% daily value), Vitamin A (96% dv), Potassium (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation