At the time I made this recipe, the amount of baking soda was missing from the on-line recipe. The original issue lists 3/4 t. baking soda in the cake. Note: Inserted tester came out sticky, making me think I had to keep baking. It came out overdone (yet very tasty), so beware.
Maple-Hazelnut Coffee Cake
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
A gallon of pure maple syrup may be priced like liquid gold, but for cooks the expense is worth it. Maple is not a one-dimensional sweetener. Northern chefs use their local bounty to create nuanced signature dishes.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)