Maple-Glazed Chicken Breasts
From EatingWell: March/April 2007
Here's an easy main dish that's sure to set you on your own quest for the best syrup. Start the chicken breasts marinating on a Saturday afternoon for a quick meal later in the day, just about the time you come in from raking the last of the winter leaves off the garden.
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 8 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed (see Tip)
- Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Wrap and freeze the chicken tenders. When you have gathered enough, use them in a stir-fry—they are the perfect size.
Per serving: 186 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 0 g fiber; 343 mg sodium; 361 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2007