Maple-Glazed Chicken Breasts
From EatingWell: March/April 2007
Here's an easy main dish that's sure to set you on your own quest for the best syrup. Start the chicken breasts marinating on a Saturday afternoon for a quick meal later in the day, just about the time you come in from raking the last of the winter leaves off the garden.
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 8 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed (see Tip)
- Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Wrap and freeze the chicken tenders. When you have gathered enough, use them in a stir-fry—they are the perfect size.
Per serving: 186 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 0 g fiber; 343 mg sodium; 361 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- March/April 2007