From EatingWell: Spring 2003
You can't beat pure maple syrup for waffles and pancakes, but you can upgrade it nutritionally by adding fruit and toasted nuts.
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Toast hazelnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Peel and slice bananas. Warm maple syrup on the stovetop or in the microwave. Top each serving of waffles (or pancakes) with sliced bananas, maple syrup and hazelnuts.
Per serving: 138 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Spring 2003
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)