Whatever the occasion, toast your guests with this fresh, fruity cocktail. Be sure to buy mangoes that have a pleasant, sweet aroma. For the bubbles, choose a not-too-sweet sparkling wine, such as a French cremant de Bourgogne or an Italian prosecco. For a nonalcoholic cocktail, mix with ginger ale or soda water.
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 1/3 cup curacao, or other orange-flavored cordial
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bottles sparkling white wine, chilled
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Remove mango flesh from skin and pit (see Tip). Place flesh in a food processor or blender and puree. Add curacao, lime juice and sugar; pulse until blended. Pour about 2 tablespoons mango puree into each of 12 glasses, top with sparkling wine, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the mango puree for up to 8 hours.
- To prepare a mango: Slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed. Repeat on the other side. Make crisscross cuts through the flesh, up to but not through the skin. Press so the cut side pops outward, then slice off cubes.
Per serving: 147 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 19 mg Vitamin C (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic