Whatever the occasion, toast your guests with this fresh, fruity cocktail. Be sure to buy mangoes that have a pleasant, sweet aroma. For the bubbles, choose a not-too-sweet sparkling wine, such as a French cremant de Bourgogne or an Italian prosecco. For a nonalcoholic cocktail, mix with ginger ale or soda water.
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 1/3 cup curacao, or other orange-flavored cordial
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bottles sparkling white wine, chilled
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Remove mango flesh from skin and pit (see Tip). Place flesh in a food processor or blender and puree. Add curacao, lime juice and sugar; pulse until blended. Pour about 2 tablespoons mango puree into each of 12 glasses, top with sparkling wine, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the mango puree for up to 8 hours.
- To prepare a mango: Slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed. Repeat on the other side. Make crisscross cuts through the flesh, up to but not through the skin. Press so the cut side pops outward, then slice off cubes.
Per serving: 147 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 19 mg Vitamin C (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic