Whatever the occasion, toast your guests with this fresh, fruity cocktail. Be sure to buy mangoes that have a pleasant, sweet aroma. For the bubbles, choose a not-too-sweet sparkling wine, such as a French cremant de Bourgogne or an Italian prosecco. For a nonalcoholic cocktail, mix with ginger ale or soda water.
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 1/3 cup curacao, or other orange-flavored cordial
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bottles sparkling white wine, chilled
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Remove mango flesh from skin and pit (see Tip). Place flesh in a food processor or blender and puree. Add curacao, lime juice and sugar; pulse until blended. Pour about 2 tablespoons mango puree into each of 12 glasses, top with sparkling wine, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the mango puree for up to 8 hours.
- To prepare a mango: Slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed. Repeat on the other side. Make crisscross cuts through the flesh, up to but not through the skin. Press so the cut side pops outward, then slice off cubes.
Per serving: 147 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 19 mg Vitamin C (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic