Whatever the occasion, toast your guests with this fresh, fruity cocktail. Be sure to buy mangoes that have a pleasant, sweet aroma. For the bubbles, choose a not-too-sweet sparkling wine, such as a French cremant de Bourgogne or an Italian prosecco. For a nonalcoholic cocktail, mix with ginger ale or soda water.
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 1/3 cup curacao, or other orange-flavored cordial
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bottles sparkling white wine, chilled
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Remove mango flesh from skin and pit (see Tip). Place flesh in a food processor or blender and puree. Add curacao, lime juice and sugar; pulse until blended. Pour about 2 tablespoons mango puree into each of 12 glasses, top with sparkling wine, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the mango puree for up to 8 hours.
- To prepare a mango: Slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed. Repeat on the other side. Make crisscross cuts through the flesh, up to but not through the skin. Press so the cut side pops outward, then slice off cubes.
Per serving: 147 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 19 mg Vitamin C (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Preparation/ Technique