Whatever the occasion, toast your guests with this fresh, fruity cocktail. Be sure to buy mangoes that have a pleasant, sweet aroma. For the bubbles, choose a not-too-sweet sparkling wine, such as a French cremant de Bourgogne or an Italian prosecco. For a nonalcoholic cocktail, mix with ginger ale or soda water.
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 1/3 cup curacao, or other orange-flavored cordial
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bottles sparkling white wine, chilled
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Remove mango flesh from skin and pit (see Tip). Place flesh in a food processor or blender and puree. Add curacao, lime juice and sugar; pulse until blended. Pour about 2 tablespoons mango puree into each of 12 glasses, top with sparkling wine, garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the mango puree for up to 8 hours.
- To prepare a mango: Slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed. Repeat on the other side. Make crisscross cuts through the flesh, up to but not through the skin. Press so the cut side pops outward, then slice off cubes.
Per serving: 147 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 8 mg sodium; 210 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 19 mg Vitamin C (30% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, alcoholic
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation