From EatingWell: March/April 1999
Keep quick fruit sauces on hand in the summer for topping vanilla frozen yogurt.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cubed (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Puree mango, sugar and lime juice in a blender. (If mango is fibrous, pass through a fine sieve set over a bowl.)
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To cut a mango:
- 1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- 2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- 3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
Per serving: 25 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 43 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, sweet
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 1999
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)