The tropical flavors of this quick mango salsa complement chicken, pork or mild white fish.
- 1 ripe mango, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine mango, onion, lime juice, vinegar and cilantro in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes; stir before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To cut a mango:
- 1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- 2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- 3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
Per serving: 46 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 121 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique