From EatingWell: The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
A stunning golden-orange color, this lively sorbet is even more dramatic served with Raspberry Sauce.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 pounds ripe mangoes, (3 large or 4 medium), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the liquid comes to a full boil and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Puree mango in a food processor or blender. Work the puree through a fine sieve. (This will remove any fibers, the amount of which can vary.) Measure out 2 cups of puree (freeze any extra for another use) and stir into the syrup, along with lime juice.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. (Alternatively, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal cake pan or ice cube trays until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
- Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 week. | Equipment: Ice cream maker or food processor
Per serving: 175 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 46 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 193 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (58% daily value), Vitamin A (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)