This was excellent. My husband was skeptical as some of his least favorite ingredients went into the mix (eggplant, lentils, etc.) but was pleasantly surprised at the finished product. "This is delicious!" I agree. I used the same bowl to toss the spiced eggplant before cooking and to assemble the eggplant, lentils and dressing after which made cleanup a breeze. Dry lentils cooked up while I waited for the eggplant to roast.
Spiced Eggplant-Lentil Salad with Mango
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Spiced eggplant, lentils and mangoes combine deliciously in this Indian-inspired vegetarian salad. Customize the spiciness of this by choosing mild, medium or hot versions of salsa, chili powders and curry powder. The flavor is even better when the salad is prepared ahead. Recipe by Nancy Baggett for EatingWell.
17 Reviews for Spiced Eggplant-Lentil Salad with Mango
This was delicious and easy. I used mild salsa and curry as I don't like very spicy things. This was unusual and very very tasty. One of the best I've gotten from Eating Well which I subscribe to and have been using as my main recipe source for several years. A winner!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)