This simple but elegant dessert brings a taste of the tropics to your table.
- 2 mangoes
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons rum, or orange juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat broiler.
- Place one mango on a cutting board with the narrow side facing you. With a sharp knife, slice off one side, sliding the knife along the flat seed. Repeat on the other side of the mango. With a paring knife, make crisscross cuts through the flesh, cutting up to but not through the skin. Repeat with the second mango. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar over each mango half, then drizzle each one with 1 teaspoon rum (or orange juice). Set mango halves on a broiler pan or baking sheet. Broil until tops are light golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: 96 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)