Grilled Mahi-Mahi & Asparagus with Lemon Butter
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
In this quick grilled fish recipe, we grill firm mahi-mahi and fresh spring asparagus alongside one another, then drizzle them with a bit of tart lemon butter. We like mahi-mahi in this recipe, but any firm fish fillet can be used in its place.
- 1-1 1/4 pounds mahi-mahi, wild salmon, tuna or cod, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tips)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- Cooking spray, preferably canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus a pinch, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place fish and asparagus on a large rimmed baking sheet and coat both sides with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Place the asparagus on one side, perpendicular to the grates; place the fish on the other side. Grill the fish, turning once, until opaque, 3 to 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness); grill the asparagus, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place butter, lemon juice and the pinch of salt in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High to melt the butter, about 25 seconds. Drizzle each portion of fish and asparagus with about 1 tablespoon of the lemon butter.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
- Oil a grill rack before you grill to keep the food from sticking to the rack. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill—it may cause a flare-up.)
Per serving: 189 calories; 8 g fat (4 g sat, 3 g mono); 98 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 444 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (44% daily value), Vitamin A (30% dv), Potassium (21% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2013