Macedoine of Melon & Hazelnuts with Ouzo
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Top melon slices with toasted hazelnuts and an ouzo drizzle for a sophisticated brunch side dish or summer dessert.
- 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ouzo or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- With a knife, remove rind from cantaloupe and cut melon into 12 thin wedges.
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ouzo (or other anise-flavored liqueur) in a medium bowl. Add the melon, stirring gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange the melon on dessert plates. Spoon the marinade over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped hazelnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 58 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1995