Macedoine of Melon & Hazelnuts with Ouzo
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Top melon slices with toasted hazelnuts and an ouzo drizzle for a sophisticated brunch side dish or summer dessert.
- 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ouzo or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- With a knife, remove rind from cantaloupe and cut melon into 12 thin wedges.
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ouzo (or other anise-flavored liqueur) in a medium bowl. Add the melon, stirring gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange the melon on dessert plates. Spoon the marinade over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped hazelnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 58 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 1995