Macedoine of Melon & Hazelnuts with Ouzo
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Top melon slices with toasted hazelnuts and an ouzo drizzle for a sophisticated brunch side dish or summer dessert.
- 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ouzo or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- With a knife, remove rind from cantaloupe and cut melon into 12 thin wedges.
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ouzo (or other anise-flavored liqueur) in a medium bowl. Add the melon, stirring gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange the melon on dessert plates. Spoon the marinade over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped hazelnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 58 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
If you’re watching what you eat, you may be trying to eat...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 1995