Macedoine of Melon & Hazelnuts with Ouzo
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Top melon slices with toasted hazelnuts and an ouzo drizzle for a sophisticated brunch side dish or summer dessert.
- 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ouzo or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- With a knife, remove rind from cantaloupe and cut melon into 12 thin wedges.
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ouzo (or other anise-flavored liqueur) in a medium bowl. Add the melon, stirring gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange the melon on dessert plates. Spoon the marinade over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped hazelnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 58 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- July/August 1995