Macedoine of Melon & Hazelnuts with Ouzo
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Top melon slices with toasted hazelnuts and an ouzo drizzle for a sophisticated brunch side dish or summer dessert.
- 1/2 cantaloupe, seeded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ouzo or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- With a knife, remove rind from cantaloupe and cut melon into 12 thin wedges.
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice and ouzo (or other anise-flavored liqueur) in a medium bowl. Add the melon, stirring gently to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange the melon on dessert plates. Spoon the marinade over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped hazelnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 58 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 11 mg sodium; 202 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Vitamin C (44% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1995