Low-Fat Granola Bars
Storebought granola bars sure are convenient, but they're often loaded with undesirable amounts of fat. These come together in minutes. Try using chopped dates or dried cranberries in place of the raisins.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups low-fat granola
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white, honey, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl until blended. Combine granola and raisins in a mixing bowl. Stir in the wet mixture until well coated. press granola into the prepared pan with a wet rubber spatula.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store tightly wrapped at room temperature for up to 5 days
Per serving: 83 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 78 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)