Low-Fat Granola Bars
Storebought granola bars sure are convenient, but they're often loaded with undesirable amounts of fat. These come together in minutes. Try using chopped dates or dried cranberries in place of the raisins.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups low-fat granola
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white, honey, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl until blended. Combine granola and raisins in a mixing bowl. Stir in the wet mixture until well coated. press granola into the prepared pan with a wet rubber spatula.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store tightly wrapped at room temperature for up to 5 days
Per serving: 83 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 78 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation