Low-Fat Granola Bars
Storebought granola bars sure are convenient, but they're often loaded with undesirable amounts of fat. These come together in minutes. Try using chopped dates or dried cranberries in place of the raisins.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups low-fat granola
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white, honey, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl until blended. Combine granola and raisins in a mixing bowl. Stir in the wet mixture until well coated. press granola into the prepared pan with a wet rubber spatula.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store tightly wrapped at room temperature for up to 5 days
Per serving: 83 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 78 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique