Low-Fat Granola Bars
Storebought granola bars sure are convenient, but they're often loaded with undesirable amounts of fat. These come together in minutes. Try using chopped dates or dried cranberries in place of the raisins.
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups low-fat granola
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat an 8-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg white, honey, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl until blended. Combine granola and raisins in a mixing bowl. Stir in the wet mixture until well coated. press granola into the prepared pan with a wet rubber spatula.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store tightly wrapped at room temperature for up to 5 days
Per serving: 83 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 42 mg sodium; 78 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique