Loaded Garden Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This veggie-rich garden salad recipe—with pepper, avocado, tomatoes and mushrooms—is tossed with a lightened-up herb ranch dressing. It’s great with pizza or as a light side salad.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Toss lettuce, bell pepper, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and sprouts in a large bowl.
- Mash garlic and salt together with a fork in a small bowl to make a coarse paste. Stir in sour cream, buttermilk, chives and dill until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad; gently toss to coat.
Per serving: 138 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 112 mg sodium; 551 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2013