Loaded Garden Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This veggie-rich garden salad recipe—with pepper, avocado, tomatoes and mushrooms—is tossed with a lightened-up herb ranch dressing. It’s great with pizza or as a light side salad.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Toss lettuce, bell pepper, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and sprouts in a large bowl.
- Mash garlic and salt together with a fork in a small bowl to make a coarse paste. Stir in sour cream, buttermilk, chives and dill until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad; gently toss to coat.
Per serving: 138 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 112 mg sodium; 551 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013