Loaded Garden Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This veggie-rich garden salad recipe—with pepper, avocado, tomatoes and mushrooms—is tossed with a lightened-up herb ranch dressing. It’s great with pizza or as a light side salad.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Toss lettuce, bell pepper, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and sprouts in a large bowl.
- Mash garlic and salt together with a fork in a small bowl to make a coarse paste. Stir in sour cream, buttermilk, chives and dill until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad; gently toss to coat.
Per serving: 138 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 112 mg sodium; 551 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013