Loaded Garden Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This veggie-rich garden salad recipe—with pepper, avocado, tomatoes and mushrooms—is tossed with a lightened-up herb ranch dressing. It’s great with pizza or as a light side salad.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Toss lettuce, bell pepper, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and sprouts in a large bowl.
- Mash garlic and salt together with a fork in a small bowl to make a coarse paste. Stir in sour cream, buttermilk, chives and dill until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad; gently toss to coat.
Per serving: 138 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 112 mg sodium; 551 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013