Loaded Garden Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This veggie-rich garden salad recipe—with pepper, avocado, tomatoes and mushrooms—is tossed with a lightened-up herb ranch dressing. It’s great with pizza or as a light side salad.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Toss lettuce, bell pepper, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and sprouts in a large bowl.
- Mash garlic and salt together with a fork in a small bowl to make a coarse paste. Stir in sour cream, buttermilk, chives and dill until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad; gently toss to coat.
Per serving: 138 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 112 mg sodium; 551 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013