My husband isn't a big fan of soup, but he likes this one. I've made it several times this winter - served with a salad and crusty french bread. Tastes like it says like a loaded baked potato! I've added chopped carrots
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
From EatingWell: September/October 2013
This healthy loaded baked potato soup recipe is inspired by the comforting flavor of fully loaded baked potatoes with bacon, Cheddar, sour cream and chives. To make a vegetarian version of this potato soup, omit the bacon and use “no-chicken” broth. Serve it with a green salad and crusty bread to clean up the bowl.
8 Reviews for Loaded Baked Potato Soup
I have made this 3 times now and loved it each time. Once for a family with a newborn that I took a meal who gave it 4 thumbs up (also made extra for myself to have.) Another time for my husband and me. And yesterday for my cooking group (5 thumbs up!) I used uncured bacon and the tops of green onions. I peeled my potatoes because there were a number of bad spots in them. The second time I made it, I used red potatoes. Good but not as good as with the russet potatoes. A definite keeper!!!
This has become a regular recipe for our family. Usually we boost fiber/veggie content by using a whole onion or even adding chopped leeks. The recipe is also good adding a head of finely chopped broccoli at the same time as the potato and blending with an immersion blender before serving - a great, healthful rendition of broccoli cheddar soup.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)