I made this as a birthday cake and it turned out great. It tasted wonderful and looked beautiful but only for a while. I suggest not putting the icing sugar on the cake until you are just about to serve it. It absorbs the moisture from the cake and turns a grey wet colour which isn't so attractive... I had to re-sugar it before serving as I had left it for a few hours... and re-sugar again before serving leftovers. Other than that a great recipe that I may make again!
From EatingWell: April/May 2006
Linzer Tart (or Linzer Torte) is an Austrian specialty: an almond pastry topped with raspberry jam. Here it is reinvented as an American cake: almond-rich layers divided by raspberry jam. It's even better when prepared a day in advance, giving the jam time to soak into the cake. If you like, buck tradition by using strawberry jam and garnishing with fresh strawberries.
3 Reviews for Linzer Cake
I have my this recipe over 5 times since finding it this spring. I love to bake and sweet desserts are certainly my usual option but a Light low calorie cake like this is just perfect too when it tastes this good
This cake was a huge hit at my office today. It presents very elegant and refined. The flavor of the almond was amazing. I added a chocolate ganache on the top of mine since everything is better with chocolate!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)