Linguine with Tomato-Mint Sauce
A touch of lemon juice and fresh mint livens up jarred marinara sauce in this quick and healthy pasta dish.
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute more. Add marinara sauce, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and serve topped with sauce.
Per serving: 339 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 12 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 576 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (81% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Magnesium (33% dv), Vitamin A (26% dv), Iron (24% dv), Folate & Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique