Linguine with Tomato-Mint Sauce
A touch of lemon juice and fresh mint livens up jarred marinara sauce in this quick and healthy pasta dish.
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute more. Add marinara sauce, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and serve topped with sauce.
Per serving: 339 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 12 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 576 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (81% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Magnesium (33% dv), Vitamin A (26% dv), Iron (24% dv), Folate & Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less