Linguine with Tomato-Mint Sauce
A touch of lemon juice and fresh mint livens up jarred marinara sauce in this quick and healthy pasta dish.
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute more. Add marinara sauce, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and serve topped with sauce.
Per serving: 339 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 12 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 576 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (81% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Magnesium (33% dv), Vitamin A (26% dv), Iron (24% dv), Folate & Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less