Linguine with Tomato-Mint Sauce
A touch of lemon juice and fresh mint livens up jarred marinara sauce in this quick and healthy pasta dish.
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute more. Add marinara sauce, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the pasta and serve topped with sauce.
Per serving: 339 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 67 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 12 g fiber; 404 mg sodium; 576 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (81% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Magnesium (33% dv), Vitamin A (26% dv), Iron (24% dv), Folate & Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique