Linguine with Grilled Shrimp & Black Olives
The smoky mellowness of grilled shrimp plays against the powerful saltiness of olives in this lively summer pasta.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Salt & coarsely ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brine-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until just opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and cut each into 3 or 4 pieces. Set aside.
- While the shrimp is grilling, cook linguine until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it just starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, the grilled shrimp and cooked linguine; cook, tossing, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, mix in the basil and season with pepper. Top with Parmesan, if using, and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Bamboo or metal skewers
Per serving: 522 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 172 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 37 g protein; 13 g fiber; 449 mg sodium; 788 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (52% daily value), Vitamin C(40% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (35% dv), Folate (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient