Linguine with Grilled Shrimp & Black Olives
The smoky mellowness of grilled shrimp plays against the powerful saltiness of olives in this lively summer pasta.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Salt & coarsely ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brine-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until just opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and cut each into 3 or 4 pieces. Set aside.
- While the shrimp is grilling, cook linguine until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it just starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, the grilled shrimp and cooked linguine; cook, tossing, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, mix in the basil and season with pepper. Top with Parmesan, if using, and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Bamboo or metal skewers
Per serving: 522 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 172 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 37 g protein; 13 g fiber; 449 mg sodium; 788 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (52% daily value), Vitamin C(40% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (35% dv), Folate (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient