Linguine with Grilled Shrimp & Black Olives
The smoky mellowness of grilled shrimp plays against the powerful saltiness of olives in this lively summer pasta.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Salt & coarsely ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brine-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until just opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and cut each into 3 or 4 pieces. Set aside.
- While the shrimp is grilling, cook linguine until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it just starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, the grilled shrimp and cooked linguine; cook, tossing, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, mix in the basil and season with pepper. Top with Parmesan, if using, and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Bamboo or metal skewers
Per serving: 522 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 172 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 37 g protein; 13 g fiber; 449 mg sodium; 788 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (52% daily value), Vitamin C(40% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (35% dv), Folate (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient