Linguine with Grilled Shrimp & Black Olives
The smoky mellowness of grilled shrimp plays against the powerful saltiness of olives in this lively summer pasta.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, (30-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Salt & coarsely ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brine-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until just opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and cut each into 3 or 4 pieces. Set aside.
- While the shrimp is grilling, cook linguine until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it just starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, the grilled shrimp and cooked linguine; cook, tossing, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, mix in the basil and season with pepper. Top with Parmesan, if using, and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Bamboo or metal skewers
Per serving: 522 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 172 mg cholesterol; 74 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 37 g protein; 13 g fiber; 449 mg sodium; 788 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (52% daily value), Vitamin C(40% dv), Iron (35% dv), Vitamin A (35% dv), Folate (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient