I didn't use nearly as much escarole as the recipe called for but I still used too much. The flavor was good but the texture of the wilted escarole and look was not appetizing. I may try with basil next time.
Linguine with Escarole & Shrimp
From EatingWell: January/February 2008
Lots of tangy lemon, fresh tomatoes, escarole and shrimp create an incredible sauce for whole-wheat pasta. Serve with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and whole-grain bread.
10 Reviews for Linguine with Escarole & Shrimp
I don't cook much and found this recipe convenient. I used white cooking wine and smaller amounts of most ingredients; for one person and leftovers. It was delicious and not fussy. Just before eating, I added black olives, they provided just the right amount of sass.
We used chard because we couldn't find escarole, was an easy addition and couldn't even really taste it. Added in dried basil, double garlic, and a little red pepper flake - delicious!
However, I don't know in whose universe 1/6th of 8 oz of pasta is a 1 1/3 cup serving....maybe they meant including all of the shrimp et al. I was a little confused by that but overall fabulous and easy dish, will make again.
It's such a delicious and elegant dish! I changed a few of things, though: doubling the garlic for instance and adding green pepper. I was short of white wine so I used vinegar instead.
I made it for dinner today; my father and I enjoyed it immensely! :)
Great recipe. I added scallops in addition to the shrimp. Instead of clam juice I substituted chicken broth and doubled the garlic. I also added 1 cup of white wine and reduced it with the tomatoes. I made this for my boyfriend and I think he fell in love with me that night (or at least my cooking!)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)