Linguine alla Lobster
From EatingWell: January/February 1992
Lobster and tomatoes combine in a simple sauce perfect for topping linguine.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Few leaves fresh basil, (optional)
- 2 4- to 5-ounce fresh or frozen cooked lobster tails, (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup cognac or other brandy
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add garlic and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, sugar and basil (if using). Simmer, uncovered, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, split lobster tails lengthwise with a sharp knife. Remove the meat, chop coarsely and add it to the sauce. Simmer until the lobster is heated through, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in cognac and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in boiling, salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large shallow bowl and toss with the lobster sauce. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- A 1-lb. whole lobster may be substituted for 2 tails. To prepare it for sauce, boil or steam it for 10 minutes. Cool, remove meat from the claws and tails, and chop.
Per serving: 383 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 69 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 12 g fiber; 343 mg sodium; 674 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Iron (25% dv), Magnesium (36% dv), Potassium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1992