Linguine alla Lobster
From EatingWell: January/February 1992
Lobster and tomatoes combine in a simple sauce perfect for topping linguine.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Few leaves fresh basil, (optional)
- 2 4- to 5-ounce fresh or frozen cooked lobster tails, (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup cognac or other brandy
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add garlic and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, sugar and basil (if using). Simmer, uncovered, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, split lobster tails lengthwise with a sharp knife. Remove the meat, chop coarsely and add it to the sauce. Simmer until the lobster is heated through, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in cognac and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in boiling, salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large shallow bowl and toss with the lobster sauce. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- A 1-lb. whole lobster may be substituted for 2 tails. To prepare it for sauce, boil or steam it for 10 minutes. Cool, remove meat from the claws and tails, and chop.
Per serving: 383 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 69 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 12 g fiber; 343 mg sodium; 674 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Iron (25% dv), Magnesium (36% dv), Potassium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1992