From EatingWell: June/July 2005
Tangy, mildly spicy and tender, this chicken is delicious with black beans and salsa.
- 1/4 cup lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1-1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat, tenders removed
- Whisk lime juice, oil, vinegar, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Stir in jalapeno. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over it, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool slightly; thinly slice crosswise. Serve warm or chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for up to 1 day and/or refrigerate cooked chicken for up to 1 day. Slice just before serving.
- To oil a grill: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 71 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 31 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 11 g protein; 0 g fiber; 46 mg sodium; 98 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
If you’re watching what you eat, you may be trying to eat...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- June/July 2005