Really good. I used homemade lentil soup and also used brown rice instead of white. As the previous poster said, it took a longer time in the oven. So yummy! My one-year-old also loved it (but my four-year-old didn't).
Lentil soup is the base for this sausage and spinach casserole. Make it a meal: Serve with a simple green salad tossed with red-wine vinaigrette.
3 Reviews for Lentil-Sausage Casserole
Love the combination of spinach, lentils, & sausage. Made with brown rice instead of white (takes a longer baking time, but worth it for the extra nutrition & flavor) and no cheese on top (love cheddar, but it just didn't sound appealing in this recipe). Very tasty!
With a whole grain roll and a garden salad, this made a really quick and delicious meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)