I added 1/4 cup of flax seed which kept them together pretty well. I also added a minced serrano pepper (I like things hot), 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp worcestirshire. Served with peach chutney. Yummy!
Lentil & Almond Burgers
These vegetarian burgers are just the thing for a summery picnic, on buns or on their own with sliced tomatoes and relish. Or try them with roasted potatoes and roasted broccoli. Use a wide spatula to flip the delicate patties.
18 Reviews for Lentil & Almond Burgers
My husband and I both loved these. Made them just as the recipe stated and didn't have any problems with them staying together.
I've mixed but haven't cooked these yet, and just noticed the comments. It was obvious that these were not going to hold together with just ONE cup of lentils mixed in the food processor? Did Eating Well even try this recipe? I blended more of the lentils...about half...and I might had ground flax seed or another egg to make sure they hold togethter. I'll give you an update! Travis
I make these in a loaf pan, like a meatloaf.
Then I slice them into slices for sandwiches. They stay together much better that way.
The almonds and lentils are great together. I added extra herbs, fresh garlic and a bit of cayenne pepper. But, just like the other reviews, they fell apart. I don't think chilling them longer is going to do the trick, ( I chilled for 3 hrs). They need more of a binder- add a few more eggs, bread crumbs or quinoa.
-Meh. One day I will find the perfect veggie burger recipe. I guess it's not today.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)