Lemony Sugar Snap & Chicken Stir-Fry
This recipe uses the speedy cooking technique of a stir-fry, but instead of the typical Asian seasonings, it is brightened with lemon zest and parsley.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, or snow peas (4 cups), trimmed of stem ends and strings
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut chicken into 1-by-2-inch strips; season with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow pan and dredge the chicken strips in it, shaking off excess. (Discard any leftover flour.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peas and stir-fry until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat on medium-high until shimmering. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the peas.
- Add broth and garlic to the pan; cook until reduced to 1 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and return the chicken and peas to the pan. Cook until heated through. Add parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 263 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 187 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique