Lemony Sugar Snap & Chicken Stir-Fry
This recipe uses the speedy cooking technique of a stir-fry, but instead of the typical Asian seasonings, it is brightened with lemon zest and parsley.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, or snow peas (4 cups), trimmed of stem ends and strings
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut chicken into 1-by-2-inch strips; season with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow pan and dredge the chicken strips in it, shaking off excess. (Discard any leftover flour.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peas and stir-fry until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat on medium-high until shimmering. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the peas.
- Add broth and garlic to the pan; cook until reduced to 1 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and return the chicken and peas to the pan. Cook until heated through. Add parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 263 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 187 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique