Lemony Sugar Snap & Chicken Stir-Fry
This recipe uses the speedy cooking technique of a stir-fry, but instead of the typical Asian seasonings, it is brightened with lemon zest and parsley.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, or snow peas (4 cups), trimmed of stem ends and strings
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut chicken into 1-by-2-inch strips; season with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow pan and dredge the chicken strips in it, shaking off excess. (Discard any leftover flour.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peas and stir-fry until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat on medium-high until shimmering. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the peas.
- Add broth and garlic to the pan; cook until reduced to 1 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and return the chicken and peas to the pan. Cook until heated through. Add parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 263 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 3 g fiber; 187 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 4 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique