Lemony Lentil Salad with Feta
From EatingWell: The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Serve this Middle Eastern-inspired salad with whole-wheat pitas and melon wedges.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans lentils, rinsed, or 3 cups cooked brown or green lentils
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Whisk lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add lentils, feta, bell pepper, cucumber and onion; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The salad will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 280 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 10 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 11 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin c (80% dv); Fiber (41% dv); Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Ease of Preparation
- Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)