Lemony Lentil Salad with Feta
From EatingWell: The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Serve this Middle Eastern-inspired salad with whole-wheat pitas and melon wedges.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans lentils, rinsed, or 3 cups cooked brown or green lentils
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Whisk lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add lentils, feta, bell pepper, cucumber and onion; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The salad will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 280 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 10 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 11 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin c (80% dv); Fiber (41% dv); Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)