Lemony Lentil Salad with Feta
From EatingWell: The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Serve this Middle Eastern-inspired salad with whole-wheat pitas and melon wedges.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans lentils, rinsed, or 3 cups cooked brown or green lentils
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, (about 4 ounces)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Whisk lemon juice, dill, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add lentils, feta, bell pepper, cucumber and onion; toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The salad will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 280 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 10 g mono); 7 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 11 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 110 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin c (80% dv); Fiber (41% dv); Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)