Lemony Carrot Salad with Dill
Carrots are great keepers, so this makes a handy, refreshing salad when you haven't had time to shop for fresh greens. It brightens up a tuna sandwich too.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grated carrots, (4 medium-large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add carrots, dill and scallions; toss to coat. Chill until serving time.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 90 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 184 mg sodium; 198 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (130% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique